Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Green and white water marbling!

My first successful water marble! I'm mostly impressed, especially with the minimal amount of clean up I had to do. I took the picture before clean up to show how careful taping can make cleaning up easy.

First, I used two coats of China Glaze Snow, which is a white creme. Then for the actual marbling, I used China Glaze White Cap and China Glaze Glittering Garland.

I dipped the index and ring fingers together, after drawing a sort of four-leaf clover in the water. I also dipped the ring and pinky fingers together, after drawing a design that was more linear. I quite like the designs on the index finger and the ring finger. I also like how the designs on the ring and pinky fingers line up with each other!

I tried water marbling a few days after this, and ran into problems. The polish all migrated to one side after dropping it in, and it dried before I could draw in a design. I tried changing the water, and the same thing happened. I'll have to figure out what went wrong that time, because water marbling is pretty easy, and it looks great. I definitely want to do more marbling!

If you want to learn how to water marble, I recommend the YouTube channel by SimpleLittlePleasues. Her marbling is incredible, and I watched a bunch of her videos before trying it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment